Hello Online Friends and Welcome to 2012. Today, I’m interviewing Indie Author Anastasia V. Pergakis, author of the fantasy novel, Cleanse Fire. We ‘met’ on Twitter (I’ve met so many wonderful authors on Twitter) and I thought I’d share with you my interview with her. Without further delay, Anastasia, welcome…let’s begin:
1. Anastasia, I understand you’re married, a mother of a young boy, and a stay-at-home mom. Being a stay-at-home dad myself, I know how hard it can be to find free time to write. How do you find the time and energy to be creative? Do you have a writing schedule? If so, does it help balance your writing life and your family life?
I don’t know if I ever really “find” the time and energy. It’s more of…I overdose on caffeine! And really, I just have the mindset that it needs to be done and so I do it. The caffeine merely allows me the energy to do it all at once!
No actual writing schedule. I do what I call Binge Writing. I’ll write 5,000 words one day but then not write anything for three days after that. But then I’ll punch out another 5,000 words on day four. I don’t think it keeps my life in “balance” exactly but it makes for less stress for me. I don’t have to stress out over “Oh no, I didn’t write today!” because I know that it’s okay. I still make my bigger goals and deadlines and that’s okay with me.
2. Tell us about your recently published book. Do you have a short synopsis you’d like to share? Who do you see as your target audience? Where can we go to buy it?
Cleanse Fire is a fantasy adventure novel, with edge-of-your-seat action. Epic battles, suspense, and a bit of romance too! Follow the Kinir Elite as they track down a traitor and find more than they bargained for. **Portions of profits for this book are given to the Wounded Warrior Project**
Complete the mission, no matter what…
Captain Derac Vidor has served Kinir for nearly twenty years. It’s his life, his blood. And then his Commander betrays everything Derac holds dear. Now he has to focus on his own life and his team instead of saving the citizens of Kinir.
Treason is only the beginning…
Fueled by rage, the team chases the source to their Commander’s betrayal – a powerful wizard bent on revenge. The wizard seeks to destroy the Kinir Elite, in both mind and body. No place is safe, even among their allies.
The past holds the key…
Derac’s tragic past may be the key to saving the team. But can he face the gruesome nightmare in time?
Purchase Cleanse Fire
- for your Kindle at Amazon
- for your Nook at Barnes & Noble
- for your other E-Readers at Smashwords
- in paperback at Amazon
- in paperback at Barnes & Noble
- in hardback at Kinir Elite Website
3. When did you first realize you were a writer? Has writing been a life-long dream or a recent development?
The Penitent Assassin
In addition to being the author of the fantasy ebooks, The Penitent Assassin, The Rush of Betrayal: Deception (Book One) and The Rush of Betrayal: Absolution (Book Two), I’m a husband, a father to two active kids (one is a teen now), a part time bookseller and an avid reader. On the rare occasion I have free time, I like to bike, read, play video games, and watch movies. Being an author has been a lifelong dream, and currently I’m hard at work writing/editing my next fantasy novel.
- 5 of 5 stars to FALL by J.P. Ashman goodreads.com/review/show/23… 3 days ago
- 62% done with FALL, by J.P. Ashman goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 4 days ago
- RT @TheBookRest: @HiuGregg I did that with @STWick 's Penitent Assassin. I still think Mallor is one of the best bad-asses in the whole fan… 4 days ago
- On page 25 of 296 of Mortal Engines, by Philip Reeve goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 4 days ago
- @Keidi_Keating I work at a Bookstore and write as much as possible. 1 week ago
- 2,704 hits