Yeah, yeah, not a fancy title but it’s still early on 2012 and my brain isn’t fully functioning yet. And before you jump to conclusions, no, I didn’t drink heavily last night, nor am I suffering from a hangover, I’m just a little off on my already odd sleep cycle. Blame it on the new video game. (More about that in another post).
First off, Happy New Year. While 2011 was a pretty good year – hey, I published my first book, The Penitent Assassin in 2011 – I’m really looking forward to new adventures in 2012. New books as well. Both to read and to publish. One of my writing goals this year is to publish at least one more novel. I’d love to make it two, but I’m not sure if I’ll have enough free time to accomplish that. I’d also love to get my short stories polished and perhaps publish a few of them as well.
But this post is supposed to be about the books I read in 2011. If I include my own book, The Penitent Assassin, and the rough draft of the new book I’m currently working on, I read 50 books in 2011. Eight of those were graphic novels — that counts, right? Still, even if you don’t count them, I’m happy that I read over 40 ‘books’ in one year….plus published a book…plus began a second new job at the bookstore…
Yeah…I hear you…on with the list! I debated about writing comments about the books, and then decided that I’d only make a few comments after the list was complete–primarily on the books I loved. However, please keep in mind, even if I don’t comment on a book, it doesn’t mean I didn’t like it. For the most part, I enjoyed almost all of the books I read in 2011….(I normally don’t finish books I dislike). Read More…
The Penitent Assassin
In addition to being the author of the fantasy ebook, The Penitent Assassin, I'm a husband, a stay-at-home dad of two young kids, a bookseller and a transporter of delicious goodness (aka a driver for a local bakery). On the rare occasion I have free time, I like to bike, read, play video games, and watch movies. Being an author has been a lifelong dream, and currently I'm hard at work writing/editing my next fantasy novel.
- @JP_Ashman I don’t mean to take so long in reading your new book. It is in no way a reflection on the writing quali… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- 22% done with Black Guild, by J.P. Ashman: The entertaining story continues... goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 4 days ago
- 18% done with Black Guild, by J.P. Ashman goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 2 weeks ago
- RT @ACrawfordAuthor: Just finished @STWick's THE PENITENT ASSASSIN - very good (and very dark!) epic fantasy. Lots of fun w/ evil clones &… 3 weeks ago
- 13% done with Black Guild, by J.P. Ashman goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 3 weeks ago
- 2,574 hits